So how do you feel now, having inculcated the 14 pointers (from Part 1 & Part 2) in your life? I am sure you are ready to graduate to the next level, The Final One, that brings to you the last 7 things you must NEVER DO while you chant Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo.
These will help you polish your chanting style & attitude, bringing to you the Good Fortune & Abundance you are entitled to!
These LAST 7 THINGS are more about our natural habits that may become distractions that make our mind wander and continuously roam around the world as we chant Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo! Funny as it may sound, we need to keep bringing it back to the present moment, being mindful of this very moment when we are actually chanting Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo.
So let’s explore the final 7 of this tri-part series.
As you chant Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo:
- DO NOT SPEAK OVER THE PHONE: You cannot be talking to two people at the same time, if you want to get your point across to someone! Chanting to the Gohonzon is like talking to the Buddhist Gods in the abundant Universe. So at the same time, you cannot & should not talk to anyone on the phone.
- DO NOT TALK TO ANYONE Except The Gohonzon: Similar to the above point, no talking to anyone, either through hand/body gestures or through speech. Just concentrate on the Gohonzon, within you & in front of your eyes, as you use your voice, mind, body & soul to chant Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo!
- DO NOT READ OR WRITE: When Chanting Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo, “ONLY CHANT”! Nothing else should be done while chanting.
- DO NOT CHECK YOUR EMAILS OR MESSAGES: No distractions should be allowed when you chant Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo. These only remove your focus from chanting. Everything else can wait at this time when you are trying to cleanse the mirror of your life, to let it shine bright with abundance & good fortune!
- DO NOT BE ACTIVE ON SOCIAL MEDIA: No diversions should come in the path of your Gohonzon & You. Ensure that it is a continuous dialogue, through chanting, between The Gohonzon & You only. Everyone & everything else needs to wait until you complete this dialogue!
- DO NOT LIE DOWN & CHANT: Focused chanting involves you to be fully alert, sincere & sitting upright in your chair as you face the Gohonzon and chant Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo. Do not take it lightly as otherwise such a laid back attitude will reflect in your own life too! Your life may just pass you by lightly, casually and aimlessly! (Exceptions to this will be any of us experiencing any form of sickness or a backache that does not allow us to sit upright and chant).
- DO NOT CHANT IF YOU ARE FEELING SLEEPY: Sometimes focused chanting can calm the mind to an extent that you may tend to start feeling sleepy or actually fall asleep!! Stop chanting at that very moment! Take a break, either by really going to sleep or drink some water, take a walk & then resume your chanting. Do not sleep-chant, as it is not a work that you need to complete. It is a cleansing of your own environment through pure intention of making it beautiful & prosperous. Take charge of your life NOW!!
Chanting is a time to cultivate your life, not think about your problems and/or strategies!
Hope you are now fully ready to practice a sincere, focused and completely alert Daimoku dialogue with The Gohonzon!
Remain completely focused on your Daimoku chants and help transform all your Karma, bringing forth your innate Buddhahood that enables you to showcase the true power and blessings of the Gohonzon in your life!
Happy Chanting ❤
This article is my own interpretation and understanding of the practice of chanting Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo for almost 4 years now. It is not a replica of any articles or related information available online. Come join us in our online worldwide Kosenrufu Mission! Feel free to download your very own Android App, TogetherWeChant(SGIBuddhism)
Copyright © 2017 Together We Chant
To know more about chanting of The Mystic Law, read Shiti Gautam's articles on her website, http://www.togetherwechant.com under the blogs & explore sections. Testimonials are the actual proof of victories achieved for others by chanting for them. Contribute yours too!
You may also want to be a part of this Mission through: https://facebook.com/TogetherWeChant ; https://twitter.com/twcvictory003 ; https://in.pinterest.com/togetherwechant/; and subscribe to their YouTube Channel at
Latest posts by Shiti Gautam (see all)
- 7 Important Benefits of having Your Own Digital Daimoku Diary! - September 30, 2018
- The Best Advice You Could Ever Get About Daily Gongyo and Daimoku! - March 16, 2018
- Can Success in Exams be achieved simply through chanting Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo? - March 10, 2018